Tuesday, September 06, 2005

X & Y


When the lights go off and color consumes, it touches the soul in a way that only that special sound linked to that special memory can evoke. The green and red and blue and purple all linked to moments, thoughts, signals which dictated a portion of this summer.

Officially its over. The months, which began with a big bang have ended leaving behind months of confusion and loss; of words, memories, a future?

And on to fall, where the yellow foliage make put me in my place and scientists try to find solutions to problems which cause wars while the clocks tick away time and pick on the hungry green and hazel eyes of children who don't know what life can be like. What if you can't be fixed and are stuck til kingdom come in a life which was chosen for you, while you were off pursuing your broken dreams?

I'll wait for the lights to guide me home, and ignite my bones, because every step that I take can be my biggest mistake- but its still mine to take to regret or embrace.

Its the ABC's of life which make the X & Y's worth risking.

Tonight I'll look at the stars and how they shine for me and all the things I do.

1 Comments:

Blogger (re)Definition said...

Welcome back...your words as always are amazing. I think to experience live the soundtrack to your spring/summer was an excellent way to conclude it. You've come full circle, and as Green Day said:

"For what it's worth, it was worth all the while."

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home