Friday, August 05, 2005

Hyph-en-ated

I am a hyphen, a thorn in your side. I am a hyphenated version of a wholesome person who is unaware of her own destiny. I am a writer, and a singer, a lover and a romantic. I am a version of myself which is completely incomplete, a shade lighter than the norm, darker than the average.

I lose myself, daily, in myself, from myself. Escape to the depths of my soul which are untouchable, impenetrable, unbeatable. It’s beautiful. But I can’t have it come out, to be who I should be, could be, would me. It’s the -oulds, before the hyphens which ruin our lives.

Could
Would
Should.

Just do it. It couldn't be what it isn’t, shouldn't be what is was and wouldn't be what it can be. I'm afraid I don’t have the answers, I’m afraid I think I know it all, but actually I know nothing.

What’s good, bad, happy, sad? What is life? What is love? So many questions, so many dreamers all built a palace of thorns, to fill with sorrow and tales of what could, should, would be.

So now, here I am. In my entirety, un-hyphen-ated.

Incomplete.

1 Comments:

Blogger (re)Definition said...

lyrics come to mind...

forgetting all i'm lacking
completely incomplete
i'll take your invitation
you take all of me

Signed,
The Rebel Without a Pause

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home