Friday, May 05, 2006

Emerald green Thoughts

For a brief moment, a nonrefundable, magical moment
I forgot how much you inspire me.

How many lives I've led, and how ever many I may have left.
You've survived them all, surpassed me in this unfortunate world.

And how you live, and sing my praises, when even the hummingbird has flown away.
How you believe in a version of me that is incomplete; varied.

And you, what say I about you? Who frets and dances into the horizon without fear?
For fear has blinded you out of happiness. Not the darkness-kind of blinding but the white-photophobic type- the kind of blind which leaves a permanent scar on your ego.

Remember the ego, id and the Illiad or was that so long ago- when we couldn't begin to comprehend our own carelessness; nonchalance; naïveté?

You and me, we were unstoppable, but now, somehow we have ceased -living, loving? transcending?

But put the pen to the paper, fingertips to the keys and somehow inspiration comes,
to take us miles and miles away from where we somehow ended up.

Free

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruby Tuesday said...

for me? wow, i feel honored!
all i can say is, thank-you for always making me want to be a better person and for supporting all my non-sensical, weird and quirky ideas...for reminding me "oh the places i'll go" and even if i never get there, its nice to know that you'll trek along right next to me.
muah!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home