Monday, September 18, 2006

Victories


Not so long ago, I sat and wondered.. why had this life chosen me? I had no answers, no supplications to permeate my thoughts but only a vision of how it should have been.

And now I’m living someone else's dream, my fantasy perhaps, a life which was meant for me, which exhausts me, challenges me and leaves me restless. It leaves me without the power to truly understand or appreciate it.

But, every so often a victory comes along; its silence is heard by all because they foresee the glitz and glamour but don't stop to analyze and wonder about the control and anguish. The truth is that all victories cost something, an amount which is left undeterred, undermined and misunderstood.

As some relationships evolve, others wind down and fall apart. But wherever to draw that line and what to say of a life that’s left unexamined?

Its a victory over yourself, when you realize that the control lies in understanding and appreciating all that is uncontrollable. All that is unreal and misunderstood. A victory which is lost to all, but won by me.

2 Comments:

Blogger (re)Definition said...

I relate to this so much. Brilliant. I wish I could take the time to stop and smell the flowers...but I have a deviated septum.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Ruby Tuesday said...

sometimes you can't stop and make time...you just have to steal it.

can you steal some and start blogging again? i miss you.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home