Sunday, July 02, 2006

Patience/Patients


I'm losing patience. Some how I keep hoping and praying and wishing and looking and wanting and needing and now obsessing. Why not? Why the hell not? Why not me?

It seems in recent times, instead of understanding where my life should be going, I've lost track of where I want to go. I no longer know what it is that brought me to this point, this moment, this visceral, blank-slated, naked moment. I don't understand how long my patience will be tested for, how many long winded messages and signs will I wait for until something great happens?

I'm losing patience, in thinking that the person I am meant to spend eternity with is going to be anywhere within 5000 miles of me. It just doesn't seem possible. Years and years and years of trial and tribulation. Makes me wonder, it has to be me.

I've become the version of myself which is foreign, speaks in adages and without any proof to produce in its instance. I rely less and less on technology to be the be all end all solution but rather hope that what needs to be resolved somehow finds a way.

I'm beginning to wonder if those tightly knots ties of friendship really are binding. People grow, lives change-mine did too- but how much stress can or should be play on a relationship's history? How much of an impact did the events of the past affect who we have become?


Do I want too much? Do I ask for too much or am I cursed, by the evil eye of those who don't want good for me. I cant help but wonder, but this isn't the life I should have been living.

Or is it?

I'm losing hope.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruby Tuesday said...

whenever i feel this way, i read this quote that was on a card a very special someone once gave me. here it goes:

I beg you, to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.
-Rainer Maria Rilke, 1903; in Letters to a Young Poet

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home