Sunday, May 20, 2007

Pocket Days






Pocket Days
(originally written in May, 2001)

The day the sun shines so bright
The smiles on faces, enhanced by light

I feel the breeze brush through my hair
I see him walk, so debonair.

He passes but a glance my way
With the look he made my day

I start to rise, my heart begins to fall
I know this feeling, I know them all

Will he turn around to see if I look
Or be on his way, a signal mistook?

I think I may never have a chance
I fear the look was happenstance

I'll put this memory far away
In my mind, another pocket day.


*************************************

The day the sun gleems its rays
I take a walk on this pocket day

I look not for love but to get away
I see her seated in my walks way.

I suavely pass a look to see
If she's the one to set me free

Her eyes meet mine, but not a smile
She puts my heart back in denial.

I fear I may never see love again
I fear her eyes were filled with pain.

Should I turn around and search for a reaction?
To see if there was any mutual attraction

I cannot let my heart be shook
All for just some empty look.


1 Comments:

Blogger Ruby Tuesday said...

OH MY GOD, I REMEMBER THIS!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home